Thinking Garden for Christmas Gift Ideas
Everybody likes a nice garden but many are unclear about the what or when to do the work, whilst others might simply dread doing the work involved in order to get the garden neat, tidy and beautiful. However tackling common gardening tasks with good gardening tools is so much easier.
This Christmas why not consider an alternative ‘stocking filler’ to the regular gifts like books, music CD or DVD which invariably after not too long end up being tucked away in the back of a cupboard never to seen or rarely enjoyed again? Instead why not consider an alternative and much more useful practical gift?
Six essential gardening tools
- Garden Fork - ideal for digging heavy soils, breaking down rough soil and preparing soil for cultivation (growing fruit and/or vegetables)
- Garden Hoe – a very useful gardening tool especially for removing any weeds growing around the flowers, shrubs and trees. Buy one with a long handle which saves much bending and back ache.
- Garden Spade – the ideal tool for digging and preparing ground for planting shrubs and trees. Medium and long handled spades are generally better for any heavy digging.
- Garden Rake – there are two different styles of rakes available one is used for levelling freshly prepared ground before sowing seed. The other and very useful form of rake is the law rake. The latter is ideal for many tasks involved in keeping a lawn area fresh and healthy (removing dead grass, thatch, moss, fallen leaf).
- Garden trowel – an excellent hand tool for planting bulbs, bedding plants and small potted plants. Also very useful for tidying pots, containers and hanging baskets.
- Secateurs – most gardens involved some element of seasonal or occasional cutting. Secateurs are ideal for all general cutting but especially useful for cutting flowers which are intended for such purposes as table decoration/bouquets etc. For heavier or more regular cutting and pruning, a pruners or shears might be a better option.
Select tools which have been made with craft using robust materials. Avoid any bargain offers, these are usually sold on price not quality and are unlikely to last very long. Selecting well made quality tools will not only make a great gift idea but provide a lifetime of trouble free performance which is guaranteed to keep the gardener happy and the garden beautiful!
View All Blog Posts
Back to Blog Homepage
Ready to talk us about your next Landscaping project?
Owen Chubb Landscapers
1 Crannagh Way,
(01) 492 0904
(087) 230 6128